OES Student Scholarship Program
- There are two award cycles each year. Completed applications must be received by 1 May for scholarship award in September of that year, or 1 September for an award in the following January.
- Multiple undergraduate and graduate scholarships of $5,000.00 are available annually. Funding is for academic tuition and fees, and is not intended to fund research.
- Students must be enrolled full-time at an accredited college or university in a field of study that will lead to a career in ocean engineering or a related ocean science field and must have demonstrated excellence in academics.
- Must be an IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society student or regular member in good standing, there is no waiting period
- Undergraduate students must have completed (at least) the second year of study.
- Graduate students must be currently enrolled, or have been accepted, in a graduate program of ocean engineering or a related ocean science field and must have demonstrated the ability to perform independent research through professional and/or academic recognition programs.
Applications must include the following 5 documents:
- The scholarship application form can be typed or handwritten but must be filled out completely, and signed. Note the quality of handwriting has to be sufficient to be considered. Once signed, this form may be scanned to PDF format and emailed.
- An official copy of the student’s transcript, mailed or emailed by the academic institution at which the applicant is enrolled.
- Letters of recommendation must be one page, signed letters on institution letterhead, dated within the past year, and emailed by the author; Undergraduate student applications must be accompanied by recommendations from two faculty members and Graduate student applications must be accompanied by a recommendation from their advisor or member of their graduate committee.
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- 2 page personal statement (using word template available on the IEEE OES website) providing information about your personal goals, your interests and or experiences in ocean engineering. Ultimately this profile may be published in the OES Beacon Newsletter or on the IEEE OES website. Please include a color photograph of you in a professional setting (please no selfies).
Please note that applications including documents not written in English may experience a delay in processing while translations are performed and might not be considered.
To find out about OES membership, please visit www.ieeeoes.org. If you are not yet an IEEE member, visit http://www.ieee.org/membership_services/index.html.
Questions about this application may be directed to Christophe Sintes at email@example.com or at Christophe Sintes Telecom Bretagne, Dept ITI, Technopôle Brest Iroise - CS 83818, 29238 BREST Cedex - FRANCE.