OES Student Scholarship Program
- There are two award cycles each year. Completed applications must be postmarked by 1 May for scholarship award in September of that year, or 1 September for an award in the following January.
- Multiple undergraduate and graduate scholarships of $2,000.00 are available yearly. Funding is for academic tuition and fees, and is not intended to fund research.
- Students must be enrolled full-time at an accredited college or university in a field of study that will lead to a career in ocean engineering or a related ocean science field and must have demonstrated excellence in academics.
- Must be an IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society student or regular member in good standing, there is no waiting period
- Undergraduate students must have completed (at least) the second year of study.
- Graduate students must be currently enrolled, or have been accepted, in a graduate program of ocean engineering or a related ocean science field and must have demonstrated the ability to perform independent research through professional and/or academic recognition programs.
Applications must include:
- The application form outlining applicant’s field of study and plans for a career in ocean engineering or a related ocean science field, filled out completely, and signed. Handwritten applications will not be accepted. Once signed, this form may be scanned to pdf format and emailed.
- An official copy of the student’s transcript, mailed by the academic institution at which the applicant is enrolled. Scanned copies will not be accepted.
- Letters of recommendation, which must be signed letters on institution letterhead, dated within the past year, and mailed under separate cover by the author.
- Undergraduate student applications must be accompanied by recommendations from two faculty members.
- Graduate student applications must be accompanied by a recommendation from their advisor or member of their graduate committee.
- Applications including documents not written in English will experience a delay while translations are sought, and might not be considered.
To find out about OES membership, go online to www.ieeeoes.org. If you are not yet an IEEE member, visit http://www.ieee.org/membership_services/index.html.
Contact Marinna Martini at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.