OES Student Scholarship Program
- There are two award cycles each year. Completed applications must be received by 1 May for scholarship award in September of that year, or 1 September for an award in the following January.
- Multiple undergraduate and graduate scholarships of $2,000.00 are available yearly. Funding is for academic tuition and fees, and is not intended to fund research.
- Students must be enrolled full-time at an accredited college or university in a field of study that will lead to a career in ocean engineering or a related ocean science field and must have demonstrated excellence in academics.
- Must be an IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society student or regular member in good standing, there is no waiting period
- Undergraduate students must have completed (at least) the second year of study.
- Graduate students must be currently enrolled, or have been accepted, in a graduate program of ocean engineering or a related ocean science field and must have demonstrated the ability to perform independent research through professional and/or academic recognition programs.
Applications must include:
- The application form outlining applicant’s field of study and plans for a career in ocean engineering or a related ocean science field, filled out completely, and signed. Handwritten applications will not be accepted. Once signed, this form may be scanned to pdf format and emailed.
- An official copy of the student’s transcript, mailed by the academic institution at which the applicant is enrolled. Scanned copies will not be accepted.
- Letters of recommendation, which must be signed letters on institution letterhead, dated within the past year, and mailed under separate cover by the author.
- Undergraduate student applications must be accompanied by recommendations from two faculty members.
- Graduate student applications must be accompanied by a recommendation from their advisor or member of their graduate committee.
- Applications including documents not written in English will experience a delay while translations are sought, and might not be considered.
MS Word Scholarship Application
PDF Scholarship Application
PDF Scholarship Flier
IEEE OES Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions
To find out about OES membership, go online to www.ieeeoes.org. If you are not yet an IEEE member, visit http://www.ieee.org/membership_services/index.html.
Contact Marinna Martini at email@example.com with questions.